The Kalama Awakening
A religious cult drama by Rosemary & Steve Weissman.
On a spiritual quest, a young woman ends up in a cult nightmare of betrayal and manipulation, from which she must escape to avoid becoming an Guru's sex slave.
Naive Julie's longing for freedom and devotion makes her an easy target for the Guru's lust and her boyfriend's willingness to trade her for power and fame. Isolated and drugged, she resists being brainwashed into submission. Sage, an ex-devotee, knows the evils that await and risks his life to rescue her. Yet he also becomes caught in the Guru's web and it's up to Julie whether she can save both of them.
Steve's other scripts that have made screenplay contests finals:
- "The Great Quest"
- "Triciarella, who are you?" a romantic comedy
- "For Life" a drama about euthanasia
- "Love, Mysterious" a fantasy romantic comedy
- "First Tuesday, November" a political drama
- "The Burden of Angels" a short fantasy comedy
Contact Rosemary & Steve