A drama about euthanasia by Steve Weissman.
Edged on by his incestuous sister-in-law, the president of a leading euthanasia group faces-off with his estranged anti-euthanasia daughter over the fate of his aged mother.
For years TAYLOR BURNS, president of ACE Now (American Committee for Euthanasia), has pumped all his energy and drive into his "mission", but now he must confront the reality of his own mother's illness. His daughter, who holds power of attorney and medical decisions for her grandmother, fears the worst of her hated father. She does what she can with her policeman husband to stop Taylor, yet his buddies also come knocking on her grandmother's door. Meanwhile Taylor's sister-in-law plays her sexual games and plans what to do with her share of the inheritance.
Steve's other scripts that have made screenplay contests finals:
- "The Great Quest"
- "Love, Mysterious" a fantasy romantic comedy
- "Triciarella, who are you?" a romantic comedy
- "First Tuesday, November" a political drama
- "The Kalama Awakening" a religious cult drama
- "The Burden of Angels" a short fantasy comedy